Honey Mustard Snack Mix
Makes: 15 servings
Serving size: ½ cup
1-1/2 cups crispy corn and rice cereal
1 cup bite-size shredded wheat biscuits
¾ cup unblanched whole almonds
¼ cup peanuts
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons honey mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 cups plain popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a 13x9x2 inch pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. In the prepared pan toss together crispy cereal, wheat biscuits, almonds, and peanuts; set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat butter over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Drizzle mustard mixture over cereal mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring gently after 10 minutes. Stir in popcorn. Using the edges of the foil, lift popcorn mixture out of pan; cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Makes 15 (1/2 cup) servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 113 calories, 8 g total fat (2 g sat fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 9 g carb (2 g fiber, 1 g sugar), 3 g pro.
Sweet Party Mix
Makes: 36 servings
Serving size: 1/3 cup
Nonstick cooking spray
4 cups bite-size corn square cereal
3 cups bite-size rice square cereal
2 cups pretzel knots
2/3 cup sliced almonds
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup butter
2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup dried cranberries, blueberries, or cherries
- Lightly coat a large piece of foil with cooking spray; set aside. In a large roasting pan toss together corn cereal, rice cereal, pretzels, and almonds; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture just begins to bubble. Continue cooking at a moderate, steady rate, without stirring, for 5 minutes more. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for 15 minutes; stir cereal mixture and bake 5 minutes more. Remove from oven; stir in dried fruit. Spread on prepared foil to cool. Store in an airtight container. Makes 36 (1/3-cup) servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 31 calories, 50 mg sodium, 6 g carb (1g fiber), 1 g pro, estimated 3 g total fat.